The resources included in this section will provide guidance throughout the research process. It includes resources required by the researchers to establish their overall research paradigm and essential training required for applying for ethics approval.
- Recommended and Required Learning for Researchers
- Book: Health Professions Education Research Primer
- Presentation: Research Paradigms by Larkin Lamarche (Video | Slides | Summary)
- CanMEDS resource (includes access fee): The Research Guide: A Primer for Residents, Other Health Care Trainees, and Practitioners – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, CanMEDS
- Journal article: Mackenzie, N., & Knipe, S. (2006). Research dilemmas: Paradigms, methods and methodology. Issues in educational research, 16(2), 193-205.
- Journal article: Held, M. B. (2019). Decolonizing research paradigms in the context of settler colonialism: An unsettling, mutual, and collaborative effort. International Journal of Qualitative Methods, 18, 1609406918821574.
*DFM faculty members can access full text articles from the McMaster Health Sciences Library using your MacID. To request your MacID, or if you’re having issues, please email Faculty Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.